GOT a van!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just teasing ya all.
Engine and trans seem solid.
Engine fired right up and no blue puff of smoke out the exhaust. After driving about an hour at 70MPH the oil pressure was steady 55ish PSI hot driving, idle it is 25ish PSI hot.
Never a single tick or funny noise. Oil is dark but not dirty and black. I will change the oil and filter this weekend. Maybe a full tune up including belts but not sure if time to do it.
At a stop light i can not even feel it running, it's that smooth.
Just normal driving it is fine but if you floor it WOT you can feel it misfiring. Possibly injector spider?
It was low on coolant so over the next few days ill see if it goes down. If so, it will need intake gaskets.
Transmission feels good. Fluid is pinkish and slightly dark but way better than most I have bought.
Dirty underneath like most but no unusual wet leaking areas.
Underneath has the usual surface rust but nothing to worry about or requiring attention.
It does have a few other problems also as i expected.
It needs shocks
Tires!
The front end needs to be rebuilt. Steering is loose. Not horrible but enough to wonder if you don't keep at it.
The heater only blows out of the dash vents no matter where the knob is at. Either has to be an actuator or control panel.
The interior is pretty solid with no rips in the LEATHER seats.
Somebody removed the window shades.
The built in air pump and vacuum both work.
Im pretty sure a few other little things will pop up as they always seem to.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Na, it's worth $4,200. I don't mind paying a fair price for a decent vehicle.
Sellers with van's from watching prices for a few weeks is, no one knows what to actually ask.
The style I wanted was anywhere from 3.5k to over 20k.
I think vans are a small market really, but with the van life thing going on sellers think they have a gold mine.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just teasing ya all.
Engine and trans seem solid.
Engine fired right up and no blue puff of smoke out the exhaust. After driving about an hour at 70MPH the oil pressure was steady 55ish PSI hot driving, idle it is 25ish PSI hot.
Never a single tick or funny noise. Oil is dark but not dirty and black. I will change the oil and filter this weekend. Maybe a full tune up including belts but not sure if time to do it.
At a stop light i can not even feel it running, it's that smooth.
Just normal driving it is fine but if you floor it WOT you can feel it misfiring. Possibly injector spider?
It was low on coolant so over the next few days ill see if it goes down. If so, it will need intake gaskets.
Transmission feels good. Fluid is pinkish and slightly dark but way better than most I have bought.
Dirty underneath like most but no unusual wet leaking areas.
Underneath has the usual surface rust but nothing to worry about or requiring attention.
It does have a few other problems also as i expected.
It needs shocks
Tires!
The front end needs to be rebuilt. Steering is loose. Not horrible but enough to wonder if you don't keep at it.
The heater only blows out of the dash vents no matter where the knob is at. Either has to be an actuator or control panel.
The interior is pretty solid with no rips in the LEATHER seats.
Somebody removed the window shades.
The built in air pump and vacuum both work.
Im pretty sure a few other little things will pop up as they always seem to.

Check your steering idler mounts in the frame. There are 2 of them. AC controls are all vacuum.