Good headlight options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone found good headlights in terms of appearance and light output. I know about the 4hi mod, but am looking for a better appearance and output at the same time. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Assuming you're talking about the composite lights...

IMO, these are the only two aftermarket headlight housings on the market that you would ever want to spend money on.

Spyders (glass lens):
https://www.amazon.com/Spyder-Auto-Chrome-Crystal-Headlight/dp/B004WMF8SG

Anzos (plastic lens):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015PPZMC

I run the Anzos in both of my trucks.

Stick to factory halogen bulbs, with NO blue (or any other color) coating on the glass. These housings were designed for Halogens. HIDs, LEDs, or whatever else will not project properly and you will be the guy in traffic that everyone hates. I recommend Sylvania Xtravision.

There's a giant (think 100+ pages) thread here FULL of good information on headlights if you want more info, but that's it in a nutshell.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/spyder-headlamps-my-take-on-em-and-lighting-in-general.36647/

cdub

Reaction score
I installed the Spyder glass lenses mentioned by dfx4. The light output was 2-3x more compared to my hazed OE composite lenses umits.
However, they would shake a little when driving. Looked like 2 motorcycles going down the road. I checked everything, even tried using the OE brackets. Finally got them to stop shaking when driving by putting a piece of pipe insulation between the light and bracket. Adjusted the beam angle and they're awesome now. Might have just had a bad batch, but after the DIY foam vibration dampner mod, i absolutely love them.

Reaction score
Love my spyders. I got them
You must be registered for see images attach
off of amazon, and they really do have the glass lenses. I can't remember which turn signals I got, but I think they were anzos. I'd say that I am very happy with the setup. Puts out a lot of light with silvestars(I know, not the best option). I'm also about to put the 4hi mod on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I had good luck with my Anzos. I tried 3-4 different types of bulbs, I can't remember which ones I settled on... But I think the light output on those housings were better than stock.

These housings were designed for Halogens. HIDs, LEDs, or whatever else will not project properly and you will be the guy in traffic that everyone hates.

This. I have a burning hatred for people that have HID swaps without proper projector retrofits.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Ive tried anzos and projectors... they all were short lived and poorly made in my opinion, Id like to switch to sealed beam and buy a set of truck-lites one day.

if you get headlights, keep your stock brackets, dont use the aftermarket ones supplied.

This. I have a burning hatred for people that have HID swaps without proper projector retrofits.

I feel the same exact way.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the look of the glass but has anyone had one crack or chip? I drive offroad alot both in front of other trucks and following others so there's always rocks being thrown up an worried about buying them then cracking em