Going to be buying the 6 inch rcx lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casey1104

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today I will be ordering the 6-inch lift for my truck is there any tips that anyone would have on the lift and what does everyone think about the lift itself is it good as everyone says it is for the money?

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I highly recommend all new front end parts..ball joints, tie rods, idler arm, pitman arm. Also new control arm and sway bar bushings and end links.

Go ahead and remove the upper control arm knockouts when you take out the upper control arms-helps with alignment later on.

The rcx steering stabilizer is a nice add-on.

Although I never tried them...others have stated that the shocks in the kit aren’t real great-I went with bilstein 5100s all around.

Read the install tips thread on here..lots of good info. Take your time grinding the front diff down.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From past experience with rough country... the 2.2 shocks are not to to bad but the end bushings wear out very fast.

Remember there IS cutting involved. Once it's cut, it's cut, there's no going back as it's the main front diff and front upper bump stops that are cut. So make sure you have all you need and have it all ready... they claim 6-i hours install time.. keep in mind that's on a lift with ALL the right tools..

Speaking of tools. Do you have the correct tool to take the torsion bars off? If not, get that before hand. Get a good one. They are well worth it.

Other then that it's pretty straight forward.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Casey1104

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
From past experience with rough country... the 2.2 shocks are not to to bad but the end bushings wear out very fast.

Remember there IS cutting involved. Once it's cut, it's cut, there's no going back as it's the main front diff and front upper bump stops that are cut. So make sure you have all you need and have it all ready... they claim 6-i hours install time.. keep in mind that's on a lift with ALL the right tools..

Speaking of tools. Do you have the correct tool to take the torsion bars off? If not, get that before hand. Get a good one. They are well worth it.

Other then that it's pretty straight forward.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Going to be having my friend of mine install the lift with me once i get it here he has all of the tools for that stuff his uncle owns a shop.

Casey1104

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I highly recommend all new front end parts..ball joints, tie rods, idler arm, pitman arm. Also new control arm and sway bar bushings and end links.

Go ahead and remove the upper control arm knockouts when you take out the upper control arms-helps with alignment later on.

Although I never tried them...others have stated that the shocks in the kit aren’t real great-I went with bilstein 5100s all around.

Read the install tips thread on here..lots of good info. Take your time grinding the front diff down.
Yeah i just got replacing the whole front end on my truck i am going to upgrade the shocks for the other ones that they have listed on there website and i will be also buying the steering stabilizer

Casey1104

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

How much were the springs that you ordered can you send me the link to them?

Dixietruck

Reaction score
Don’t drop the money on the tortion key tool. Ball joint press works just as well and you can rent them from an auto parts store for free