Going to be buying the 6 inch rcx lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casey1104

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t drop the money on the tortion key tool. Ball joint press works just as well and you can rent them from an auto parts store for free
How will my truck look with the 33 on my truck if i crank it up to 6 or should i just do 4?

Last edited:

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
How will my truck look with the 33 on my truck if i crank it up to 6 or should i just do 4?

There’s literally a hundred dollar difference between the 4” and the 6” lift, and if you’re ever considering 35’s you might as well go for the 6”. Will 35’s fit on a 4”? Yeah some folks have done it, and I think you have to trim to get it done (I’m not certain, so someone correct me if I’m wrong).

One thing to remember, regearing is gonna be necessary to get the speedometer close to correct, and keep the automatic transmission from dying an early death.

98-K1500

Reaction score
There’s literally a hundred dollar difference between the 4” and the 6” lift, and if you’re ever considering 35’s you might as well go for the 6”. Will 35’s fit on a 4”? Yeah some folks have done it, and I think you have to trim to get it done (I’m not certain, so someone correct me if I’m wrong).

One thing to remember, regearing is gonna be necessary to get the speedometer close to correct, and keep the automatic transmission from dying an early death.
The 6" kit is the exact same as the 4" kit, save for an add a leaf for each of the rear springpacks. Other than that it is the same kit and they cost the same.

I bought the 6" kit to get the extra springs but plan to install it as the 4", as I'm only going to run 33"s and wanted to prevent the added wear that cranking the front would cause.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Take a look at my build thread. My tires are right at 33” tall, and my t bars are only cranked enough to level the front from side to side. There should be a pic of my cv axle angles in my thread as well..but they are pretty close to horizontal.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not an rcx lift but... this is my 94 k1500 with a superlift 6" lift with 285/75/16 (33") front is only cranked to level. Cv angle is just over straight. 35" will fit with no issues.. my next set of tires will be 315's which are 35's.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Why do these trucks always look weird to me with lots of wheel gap, but not newer trucks?

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Why do these trucks always look weird to me with lots of wheel gap, but not newer trucks?

I think the small wheel arches make it hard to fit a bigger tire at lower height. The tires seem to fit in snugger on smaller lifts in the newer truck. For example, a 2015 can clear 35x12.5R20s on like a 3" level instead of the 6" lift we'd need to do the same.

Casey1104

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think I will run the 4 inch with my 33's then once the 33's are worn i will get 35s