GMT400 You can't quit looking at!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i guess this convo is more fit for the chat thread, but i have one question, who said it wasn't just somehting laying around a shop that one of his buddies dads or his dad owns, ive seen all kinds of crazy things, but i know one thing, a bunch of teenagers with a good welder, a bunch of metal and the will to do something can turn out pretty awesome for instance my cousin and friends lawn more... it'll run 35 with a stock motor, and ride wheelies like no other

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha dude im just messin...

But i thought of another tattoo for you "Never Try, Never Fail"

haha good motto but I am always willing to try something at least once before I decide I suck at it and give up.

Here was a picture I just found in between the outlining and shading lol...
You must be registered for see images

Now I gotta make an appointment tomorrow to get my right arm done... and than this will be coming after that:
You must be registered for see images

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i guess this convo is more fit for the chat thread, but i have one question, who said it wasn't just somehting laying around a shop that one of his buddies dads or his dad owns, ive seen all kinds of crazy things, but i know one thing, a bunch of teenagers with a good welder, a bunch of metal and the will to do something can turn out pretty awesome for instance my cousin and friends lawn more... it'll run 35 with a stock motor, and ride wheelies like no other

Yeah and that's about as hard to do as getting aids in africa. I've seen plenty of pullied lawn mowers capable of doing wheelies.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not like this one... the whole front end had to be moved and a bunch of other stuff

Thomasj

Reaction score
Ill believe an 18 year old and his friend built that when I see more pictures, with you in them.

correct, me and my 28 year old family friend. sorry if you beleive kids dont have parents with money, or friends with money, my buddy has a lawyer firm, it was just for funnies, we dont even own the truck anymore, as for pictures, ill dig for some more, this was just the one off the background of my labtop. not trying to sound harsh but just defending my hard work. the axles and transfer case were left after the machine was being taken apart at a junkyard, 2500 later, we had them. ill post some build pics on another topic :33:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LoL I've been jesting at the last couple pages of this thread, but I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe an 18 year old could build something like that?? There are all kinds of young people with exceptional talents and just because YOU couldn't build anything worth a **** when you were 18 doesn't mean they can't. Doesn't matter if he provides more pics or not, but I sure hope he does :gr_grin: Here in the South FL, LA, MS, GA you name it people live to build these types of trucks. It's highly possible that an 18 year old southern gentleman's time could be spent creating a truck like this. You've got to remember you have no idea what his situation is, who is father or brother or influences are. This is an internet forum so you're bound to get the negative nay sayers.

btw I reallllly want to build one of these too but need to get hooked up with the right folks!

Thomasj

Reaction score
and for future referance, yes we had help, this was a farm truck with a blown motor, whch was my first one, i HELPED the build, not fund it or do it all myself. yeah, jealousy maybe, but i am kinda good at welding. i have a full shop in my back yard. lift and all. building a paint booth next summer, i have all the capabilities to build a truck like that, and i did.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Boom. Exactly. The guy that put the lift on my truck and is a dealer of all sorts of lifts lives in ALABAMA has his own shop with his grandfather, is a master welder. His name is Brett Sparks and at the time he did my truck he was 18 too...He was averaging 5 trucks a week (lifting them) with IFS kits of course but still nothing was impossible for the kid he owned 2 lifted trucks (1 gm400) a brand new crotch rocket, and 2 camaro SS fully built not your average stuff...This was in Jasper Alabama a small little town where people know how to fix **** and get it done. I was amazed.

I think that's awesome Thomas J you need to invest in yourself with those skills at a young age man if you start now you could be making bukoo $ by the time you're my age. What I wouldn't give to go back and start my biz @ 18 instead of 23...

Thomasj

Reaction score
im starting a career in the air force as a blackhawk co-pilot, which means the mechanics of the helicopters is on me, so aloottt of training for mechanics is coming my way, then when i get out, i can start my career making alot of money. and yeah, one of my close friends is 19 and he works in my shop on his dodge with a cummins, i put in his 6 inch, and wired his subs/radio/alarm, and put the oversized injectors in it, i could open my own shop lol, but im jsut not ready for it, i just do side job lifts and oil changes ect.