GMT400 You can't quit looking at!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't say he can't do anything or build anything cool, but I find it hard to believe that he built something like that.

i hear what your sayin man. i agree that most 18yo couldn't build anything like this w/o it being a complete hack job. i would like to see more/better pics as well.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't say he can't do anything or build anything cool, but I find it hard to believe that he built something like that.

ok, why is it so unbelieveable that an 18 yr old and some friends built it? he didn't say they didn't have help

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I agree... How the hell does an 18 year old afford the axles and tires off an excavator? And now factor in the time it would take to design, fabricate and assemble that truck. He is 18 years old. Possible but unlikely.
Not to mention it isn't even a GMT400.

On another note, a local drunk has a set of 2.5 ton axles that were converted to a u-joint style design. He also has monsterous lift springs of like 18-20" and a divorced transfer case setup - I am positive I could nab it all for $800 lol. If only I could find a descent body truck with a blown motor/trans/rear for the right price. I can get old machine tires (loader, grader or rear backhoe) tires from work for free. Maybe another side project in the near future?

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree... How the hell does an 18 year old afford the axles and tires off an excavator? And now factor in the time it would take to design, fabricate and assemble that truck. He is 18 years old. Possible but unlikely.
Not to mention it isn't even a GMT400.

On another note, a local drunk has a set of 2.5 ton axles that were converted to a u-joint style design. He also has monsterous lift springs of like 18-20" and a divorced transfer case setup - I am positive I could nab it all for $800 lol. If only I could find a descent body truck with a blown motor/trans/rear for the right price. I can get old machine tires (loader, grader or rear backhoe) tires from work for free. Maybe another side project in the near future?

NO WAY your only 21

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NO WAY your only 21

It's different. Granted I am not a great welder I still grew up doing a lot of fabrication since I was like 15 or 16. I have never tackled a project of the scale that he claims but I have taken a Yamaha Warrior ATV and cut the frame apart and fit a 1997 CBR 600 F3 motor into it without stretching or modifying the bottom half of the frame. I've notched framerails on cars and enclosed them to stuff big blocks into them. This winter I am helping a guy at work take a mini bike and stuff a 400cc 2 stroke sled motor in it. I started small and worked my way up; I don't talk to my dad anymore but he did make me a jack of all trades and a master of none. (Was welding up bumpers, rock sliders, buckets for his heavy equipment and other small stuff when I was young).
And the biggest difference is this kid has to start this project when he was still in high school to have it completed by now. How did he work to fund it? I have a job that I make enough money at to pay for all of my toys. IF I felt like building a monster truck, I could fund it as fast as I could build it and still pay my bills and not touch my bank account but instead a good chunk of my paycheck goes to my mother who is in the middle of a divorce to help her out.
I'm also the person who gets called to check over or get opinions on larger fabricated projects or when something is built and needs to be redesigned or made more structurally safe.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha dude im just messin...

But i thought of another tattoo for you "Never Try, Never Fail"