GMT400 Newb from SoCal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Driversound

Reaction score
Hello all. I just picked up my 1991 K1500 single cab. Currently has 186K miles but seems to run and shift well. I've always wanted one of these and finally got one that seems to be a good base to start a restore. After breaking down the RPO codes, It is a Z71 and G80, so it has the off-road package and locking rear diff. It also has the Sports appearance package which from what I can tell is just black grill and some stickers. Anyways, lot's to do in this truck and hope to learn a lot from this site.

One of the biggest issue I'm currently facing on it is that it is missing the emissions stuff (smog pump, egr, etc). Not that I want it but I'd like to pass CA emissions. Looks like I would have to source a parts truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Driversound

Reaction score
Thanks! Single cabs 4x4 are harder to find around my area. I was lucky to find this one. Cleaned up the RPO coding and decoded the options which I'm happy to have.

BYP : SALES, SPORT EQUIPMENT PKG
C5G : GVW RATING, 5600 LBS
GT4 : AXLE REAR, 3.73 RATIO
G80 : AXLE POSITRACTION, LIMITED SLIP
KC4 : COOLING SYSTEM, HEAVY DUTY ENGINE OIL
K60 : GENERATOR, 100 AMP
L05 : ENGINE, GAS, B CYL, 5.7L, 1 TBI, V8
MD8 : TRANSMISSION, AUTO 4 SPD, THM 700 R4
NZZ : SKID PLATE OFF-ROAD
V02 : RADIATOR, HEAVY DUTY, WITH TRANS OIL COOLER
XGL : TIRE FRONT, LT 265/75R16/C BL R/PE ST OOR
ZGL : TIRE REAR LT 265/75R16/C BL R/PE ST OOR
Z71 : CHASSIS PACKAGE, “OFF-ROAD”

1ATony

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sticker makes you want to cry...lol Wish trucks were still that cheap. Thanks for joining
Tony