GMT400 7.4 headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weaponoffreedom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since OP hasn't mentioned what vehicle he has, and this is his intro:

Since his topic is "GMT400 7.4 headers" we can probably assume he means for the '99 K2500 Suburban 7.4.

So, there's that..

Richard
correct. i recently bought a Banks power pack headers for my RV and then the good idea fairy flew over my head..........

WojTec

Reaction score
I have aa set and waiting to install. I had to spend some time to make them.... better.
Firts of all - I re - welded them outide the pipe to flange
Then porting pipes
Flange to head surface was milled,
Finally they were ceramic painted to black

I have some pictures I can share. Out of box impresion on this product for me ...dissapointing but there were no other choice that time so decided to upgrade it.

I will post some picture.

A question:
What gasket will be the best if my flange is now flat. I got gaskets in the box but for me quality of them is doubtful.
Also go screws in a kit. But I will prefer to use threde studs - what is a better for aftermerket headers in your opinion.

Instalation is a bit complicado and refiting them after finding a leak...will be a drama job.

PS (sorry for my english - still learning and still make spelling)

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use Remflex gaskets in all of my header installs. I think ARP sells header stud kits but I’ve only ever used the ARP bolts with the smaller bolt heads as it’s easier to tighten vs larger ones. 30 food pounds on these gaskets and they will likely never leak or need to be retightened.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have aa set and waiting to install. I had to spend some time to make them.... better.
Firts of all - I re - welded them outide the pipe to flange
Then porting pipes
Flange to head surface was milled,
Finally they were ceramic painted to black

I have some pictures I can share. Out of box impresion on this product for me ...dissapointing but there were no other choice that time so decided to upgrade it.

I will post some picture.

A question:
What gasket will be the best if my flange is now flat. I got gaskets in the box but for me quality of them is doubtful.
Also go screws in a kit. But I will prefer to use threde studs - what is a better for aftermerket headers in your opinion.

Instalation is a bit complicado and refiting them after finding a leak...will be a drama job.

PS (sorry for my english - still learning and still make spelling)
Your English is fine, better than my Polish for sure!
I agree that the quality isn't the greatest, but for the price I was satisfied.
I'll let someone else speak to your gasket question, I used what they sent. In my opinion studs are best, then allen head bolts, then regular bolts in that order.