GMC LEAN?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

956moe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

sup
i had a question
why does my GMC leans more to the driver side??????..

and what can i do to fix it...

the drop....

1 full turn was cut for the front springs and the back has 1-2 removed leaf springs and 2" drop shackles...

the back...

You must be registered for see images attach

drivers side....

pass. side....

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
the gas tank is one of the main reasons for it...my green truck was the same way. I would think you could add a lift shackle to your driver side. I didnt do it but Ive heard of people doing it.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yepperssss.........gas tank + drivers weight on the left side = Da Hillbilly Lean

and I've noticed it on some NBS trucks too.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 1990 truck had the lean but only by the cab window so I placed a spacer under the bed mount she came out good. The spacer I used was one that is used when installing electrical motors.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its the gas tank mostly, along with the driver. I haven't seen a short bed do this. Long bed trucks come with a 34 gallon tank, so it has alot of weight. The only way to fix it right is to replace your springs. You can swap for 6 lug 3/4 ton springs. They have an extra leaf compared to the 1/2 ton trucks. Another way to keep it from happening would be get a gas tank from a SUV. I beleive they are located in front of the bumper.

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The easiest fix would be to take your lowering shackle down one hole on the drivers side. Most lowering shackles are adjustable to either 1" or 2". Almost all GM trucks have that lean, and it's probably just magnified by removing leafs. As they said, the gas tank, steering column, extra weight, all on the drivers side.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah even with a bagged truck you can tell that the extra weight is there, I always run about 10 psi more on the driver's side than the pass. side.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean, I have had 2 people sit in the truck and adjust accordingly until I liked how level mine was.