GMC LEAN?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You don't notice the lean so much on stock height trucks, but it's there also. There's so much distance between the wheel lips and tires that you just can't see it at a glance. Once you slam the truck and the tires are so close to the wheel lips, it's easier to see the difference from one corner to the next.

Its the gas tank mostly, along with the driver. I haven't seen a short bed do this. Long bed trucks come with a 34 gallon tank, so it has alot of weight. The only way to fix it right is to replace your springs. You can swap for 6 lug 3/4 ton springs. They have an extra leaf compared to the 1/2 ton trucks. Another way to keep it from happening would be get a gas tank from a SUV. I beleive they are located in front of the bumper.

Short bed. Long bed. It doesn't matter. Almost all of them do it.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
ECSB does it, I can look at the back of the truck and see it... It was much more exaggerated with my frame being bent. I got it straitened back out and it wasn't AS bad... Still there though. If you plan to haul, Id suggest helper bags and level it out with them if your running static drop. Just my quick $0.02...