Glass park lights???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting that these exists as a option … I mean the chances of finding a clean set with no haze or marked up im sure are slom , Unless they are made as a repro part

So These are quoted as actual fitting a gmt400 composite grill by someone down the line ? They def look the size and shape

I don't think anyone actually tried it as I couldn't locate a complete pair for sale, but I'd be willing to bet that they fit just fine. Judging by the lens pattern and the trim rings I'd say they're probably a more exact fit for the early GMT400 grilles ('88-'93) but IIRC those will fit the later grilles as well.

As I mentioned in the other thread they apparently are available on the aftermarket, but I could only find one side from a company called Triplex. I bet a Winnebago dealer (or maybe that winnebagoparts.com website I mentioned in the other thread) could probably source some, I never looked into it any further though.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think anyone actually tried it as I couldn't locate a complete pair for sale, but I'd be willing to bet that they fit just fine. Judging by the lens pattern and the trim rings I'd say they're probably a more exact fit for the early GMT400 grilles ('88-'93) but IIRC those will fit the later grilles as well.

As I mentioned in the other thread they apparently are available on the aftermarket, but I could only find one side from a company called Triplex. I bet a Winnebago dealer (or maybe that winnebagoparts.com website I mentioned in the other thread) could probably source some, I never looked into it any further though.
Yea I mean it’s an idea, but it’s not that deep to necessarily need a set but I think it would be fitting for a front revamp on these trucks. Clear just get old diffuses gets old ..IMO the clarity you would get from an amber turn-park Lense along with some good led bulbs would be brighter then any normal clear/diffused lense
I read somewhere alternatively someone sprayed a set in (amber ) tint? It looked to had come out ok
I wasn’t aware you could even get an “ orangish “amber tint spray . I’ve only used vht nightshade .

I may just grab a good set of led park lenses .I don’t care for the transparent park lenses … I have these new ones and they fog constantly and they aren’t even headlight housings .

Are the led parking lenses gimmicky or do they seem to last any info on mfgr who makes good set ? With good feedback

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Correct- the 88-93 park lights have a dull silver surround, pretty much looks gray. It's a metal ring affixed to the plastic lens/housing.
94-98 have a different lens/housing where the surround is part of the lens and is painted black.

Richard
Will a 1990’ style shell/grill fit correctly or with any type of slight modification on a 98 c1500 vehicle with the standard composite lights .
I was considering swapping if it’s doable, I like how the grill comes out flush with the shell face
This 90 SS truck has composite lights pretty much looks like 94-98 lights from what I see ?
And the grill on it is the original 90’ 454ss grill .

I deliver suspension parts to the guy at his shop few times a week and thought that’s a nicer look from that year span.
I would swap to a paintable like this but not sure what I’d be up against ,

You must be registered for see images attach

This looks to be the shell from the 454 truck if I’m correct it has single composite headlight opening but I ask see it’ looks like dual light design behind the shell .
How does the 90ss truck have single composite shell with newer 94-98 lights if it’s a 88-93 style . Were some offered that way or will the core support of a 88-93 bolt up a composite bracket ?

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will a 1990’ style shell/grill fit correctly or with any type of slight modification on a 98 c1500 vehicle with the standard composite lights .

Yes, but you'll need more than just the grille. Off the top of my head you'll need the grille, all three lower filler pieces for an '88-'93, the two inner bumper brackets for an '88-'93, and '88-'93 corner lights as those are shaped differently than the '94+. GMC corners are also different from Chevy in both of the year ranges so if you're swapping from one to the other that's something to keep in mind.

I'm probably forgetting something, do a search for grille swap threads. There are a bunch of them.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, but you'll need more than just the grille. Off the top of my head you'll need the grille, all three lower filler pieces for an '88-'93, the two inner bumper brackets for an '88-'93, and '88-'93 corner lights as those are shaped differently than the '94+. GMC corners are also different from Chevy in both of the year ranges so if you're swapping from one to the other that's something to keep in mind.

I'm probably forgetting something, do a search for grille swap threads. There are a bunch of them.
Good info for sure.. I’ll have to just order the bumper filler for a 90. I’m def aware of the gmc to Chevy corner marker being different I’ve swapped plenty 92-99 gmc grills and 94-98 Chevy grills back forth .. I just was concerned with 98 style lenses and the brackets working through a 90 grill headlight opening . Evidently 88-93 was either sealed or composite and the grill style didn’t matter ?
I was completely unaware I thought composite began in 94 onward.

What makes the bumper brackets or bumper necessary to swap ? Ain’t a 94-98 bumper the same as a 88-93

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Evidently 88-93 was either sealed or composite and the grill style didn’t matter ?

I want to say everything was quads from '88-'89 and then went to composite in '90, but not entirely sure. Either way though yes, composites or quads will fit in the same grille opening.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to say everything was quads from '88-'89 and then went to composite in '90, but not entirely sure. Either way though yes, composites or quads will fit in the same grille opening.
Only down side if it even is one is the 88-93 top of the grill is wide open essentially where the hood latch is etc... Won’t have that top on the grill that hides the rad and the evap .. that’s another thing I never knew about the 88-93 . But that’s find no issues

I read the thread from @someotherguy mostly only said need middle bumper brackets didn’t see anything about the 3 fillers

I’ll continue to search

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I read the thread from @someotherguy mostly only said need middle bumper brackets didn’t see anything about the 3 fillers

I responded to your other post there but the way the grilles attach to the fillers is different. Trust me, you need everything I mentioned. You can kludge it together and make it work with less but if you want everything to fit properly you'll need all that stuff.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used some stained glass paint on a set of corners about 100 years ago. They turned out nice.

I read somewhere alternatively someone sprayed a set in (amber ) tint? It looked to had come out ok
I wasn’t aware you could even get an “ orangish “amber tint spray