Girl needs a hand with offsets!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelbi

Reaction score
hey everyone, looking to know whats best for offsets.
i drive a 98 chevy, regular cab short box, with a 3 inch body lift, 6 inch suspension lift, and a bunch of other stuff... so i bought 37x13.50r17 super swamper tsl's and now im looking at finding rims, but ill admit im clueless about what i should get for an offset, i know i want a negative but don't know how much would be best? i want enough offset that its not going to rub but not to much where ill have tires that stick out 5 inches.. any and all information anyones willing to give would be appreciated and pictures even to if you don't mind, this truck is my baby and i really want to get the right rims!

thanks! :)

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
with that lift, you should be able to run any negative backspacing and not rub, what rims are you lookign at, any certain style?

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Some one can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe anything up to a -24mm back space will be the look your going for. I actual am running steelies and they have a "0" offset and they even stick the tires out about 2 inches from the body

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
With that much width I would personally get something with at least -12 offset or more. Solid is right. I'd look for something between -12 and -24. That way you don't have to worry about rubbing issues. I'm looking at rims with a minimum of 0 offset up to -12 for my truck, and I'm at stock height. But I've got flares and I want them even, if not sticking out a bit. BTW, stock offset is 31. this helps.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It really depends on what width rim you want to run as well. I was looking before at running 20x12s which need a huge offset to not rub. If i remember correctly I think JCloud ended up going with a 20x12 setup with his truck and was running the -44 offset. With this much offset half of the tire was sticking out... But thats a 12" wide wheel and I'm assuming your probably going to be running at most a 10 but probably more like an 8 or 9 with it being a 17" rim. Both those guys are right about being in between -12 and -24. Being closer to -24 will have more clearance but will stick out further.

I know its not really what your looking for but heres a pic of JClouds stance hes running 35x13.50x20 pro comp xtreme all terrains with Fuel Octane 20x12s with -44 offset

Should give you an idea about how that much offset effects the look but since its a 12" wide wheel it has to have that much for clearance.

You must be registered for see images attach

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
What brand and model rim are you going for? also are you looking to keep the prices low, this will help the most when choosing rim width....then after you figure your range of rim width you want, then we can help you choose the offset. If you're wanting them to retain as much tuck as possible, then we first need to figure what your minimum backspacing allowed is....then we can figure offset from that. If tuck doesn't matter, then I'll let these guys take back over. :p

shelbi

Reaction score
well price im not really worried about, the tires are 13.5 wide so i was trying to go for atleast a 9 inch wide rim but id prefer a 10 inch wide rim....so would that change the offset any or should i still be looking at finding rims with offsets between - 12 and - 24 ?

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Off topic, but why do you have to pronounce you are a girl when asking about offsets?