Offsets vs spacers?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SentandBent4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m debating wether to use spacers or offset rims. I really don’t know much about either. I’m not looking to spend a whole lot either. I’m probably going with a 3inch lift (already have a 2inch body lift -leveling kit) so I’ll more than likely be running 35’s or something like that. I want a pretty wide stance, but nothing ridiculous. Four inches spaced at the very most.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My .02.....spacers are a 1/2 a$$ way to to achieve the "hot wheels" look. Just look up some vids about wheel spacers, there was one a month or so ago where a wheel came off and launched some poor guy into the air when he hit it. If that's not enough to convince you.... nothing will.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve ran spacers on different vehicles, most was my 08 tundra. I had 2” spacers on it with 35s. Towed, hauled n went over 100 with it with no issues. Just need to use locktite n make sure lugnuts are tight. I’m sure the truck in that vid didn’t do any of that…..

SentandBent4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m still torn about this. Spacers look so Sick and I’m not doing a ton of Highway driving or towing. Mainly just rural roads with speed limits of 45-60. I think I’d definitely stay away from aluminum spacers, and go with higher quality ones. And make sure they’re still torqued to speck after a couple hundred miles. What strength lock tite did you use? Also, what spacers do you buy?

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IMO, if gonna run spacers, spend the coin n get Bora. They have steel or aluminum, and made to spec. I used regular red stuff...

wezmykat

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with aluminium, just make sure your spacers are hubcentric and forged. I've used spacers on many vehicles at over 100mph and never had any issues. Use a torque wrench, after like 10 miles, re-torque to make sure.

The next problem you're going to run into is that you want your front axle width to be the same as the rear, that will probably mean alot of measuring and getting different widths.

Wolfbrother

Reaction score
I have offsets (Centerline Hellcats) on my 99 Tahoe (pictured), the only problem I have is my 33s rub with a 3" body lift.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with aluminium, just make sure your spacers are hubcentric and forged. I've used spacers on many vehicles at over 100mph and never had any issues. Use a torque wrench, after like 10 miles, re-torque to make sure.

The next problem you're going to run into is that you want your front axle width to be the same as the rear, that will probably mean alot of measuring and getting different widths.

Being hub centric is super important. I've been running the same set of spacers for years with no issue. I don't drive like an idiot and I check them every time I have a wheel off.

Of course just getting the wheels with the proper offset and skipping spacers all together is still best, but in my case they didn't make the wheels I wanted in the offset I wanted, so spacers are the compromise.