getting seat to slode farther forward in ext cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dharmabum

Reaction score
I recently got a 95 GMC extended cab Z71 with the 60/40 bench and was wondering if anyone had modified the slider mechanism on the passenger side to allow for better back seat access? I will really only use it for my kids and they can squeeze in but it seems like the seat could slide forward 4 or 5 inches more at least before hitting the dash to allow bigger people better access. I haven't looked too close at it as I have been fixing other things but just wondering if anyone had figured out an easy mod for it?

NOLA_SoLo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
are you using the handle under the seat to slide it forward? there should be two handles on the side of the seat, the one on the lower seat reclines it, the one on the back moves the seat forward as well as tilts the back forward

Dharmabum

Reaction score
Yeah I'm using the handle on the seat back that tilts it and slides it forward all at once, it just seems like it could go farther...