Getting close to paint time, need to pick a color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

one320fc

Reaction score
Its a very nice color in person! Cant see the flakes till your right up on it which is what I like about it. The only down side to that color is if you dont keep it waxed it doesnt have that depth to it.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
With SOOOO many options out there, this is almost always the hardest part for my customers (although I tend to help "guide" them on occasion.)

My first bit of advice would be not to limit yourself to factory colors. It's a good starting point, but there are nearly limitless custom options that can take your truck from "that's a nice color" to "WOW, that looks like a show car!", and many of them are easy enough to do that someone doing a "shade tree" paint job can do it. Especially if you use waterborne base coats, which make sprays pearls, metallics, and flakes very easy. Well, a lot easier, at least.

Are you going to be painting this yourself? If so, how much experience do you have with automotive painting?
I have a few years of body work, not much painting experience, just doing jams and trimming parts, but my dad has nearly 30 years experience with paint and body work, and he's going to be painting the truck. Kind of overwhelming how many options there are just looking though paint chip books. I've thought about maybe doing a microflake on the truck, just don't want it to turn out looking like a bass boat.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I dunno if any of you know about this color, forgive me because it is ford, but I detailed am RS3 roush that was lava red. Lava red is pretty much black, but in the sun it has lava red flake and looks so damn sexy.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Hopefully if everything works out I'm going to get a few ounces of a few different colors made and do a few spray outs to see which one I'm going to go with.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
I dunno if any of you know about this color, forgive me because it is ford, but I detailed am RS3 roush that was lava red. Lava red is pretty much black, but in the sun it has lava red flake and looks so damn sexy.
I've seen that color up close before it looks good, but a little dark for my taste, looks great on a car though.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I was going to say the color of that GTO, but someone beat me to it. The Torch red would be my second choice.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
out of all the ones mentioned, Spice Red Metallic on that GTO looks good. Im biased to darker colored reds though.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
I was going to say the color of that GTO, but someone beat me to it. The Torch red would be my second choice.
Whenever my dad goes back to the paint supply place he deals with I'm going to get some sample paint to do a few spray out cards, definitely going to get some Torch Red b/c its seems to be the most liked color so far. GTO color is probably the second most liked

out of all the ones mentioned, Spice Red Metallic on that GTO looks good. Im biased to darker colored reds though.
Yeah I like the darker reds as well, I don't want something super show offy and don't want something thats very understated, and it looks like that GTO color might be like that