Getting close to paint time, need to pick a color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for a color for my truck. I'm in between GM Torch Red, and a Ford Vermillion red. If I can find a deal on it maybe House of Kolors Blue Blood. If you guys have any other suggestions post them below.

Torch Red
You must be registered for see images attach

Vermillion Red

House of Kolors Blue Blood

A picture of my truck for reference. Its a 1995 Chevy C1500 Silverado currently Victory red

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Porsche Guards red :)

If you want to go a metallic, check out Ford code EG Electric Currant red. :) It's a tri-coat color, but there are alternate formulas that are not a tri-coat.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
I'm so so partial to black... So it's imperative I suggest it.

Other than that, (of the ones you showed) the GM Torch Red looks real good.. my vote goes there.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Porsche Guards red :)

If you want to go a metallic, check out Ford code EG Electric Currant red. :) It's a tri-coat color, but there are alternate formulas that are not a tri-coat.
The Guards red is a color my dad says looks good, hes sprayed a lot of cars with it, and it looks almost the same tone as the house of kolors blue blood paint, so I guess another one to think about now :hmm:

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
I'm so so partial to black... So it's imperative I suggest it.

Other than that, (of the ones you showed) the GM Torch Red looks real good.. my vote goes there.

If I ever get a Z71 its going to be black, but I'm still on the fence of whether to lift or keep it leveled so red will work either way.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Spice Red Metallic.

It came on the 04-06 GTO's.

one320fc

Reaction score
One my favorite reds is the Mazda velocity red, if your into a paint with a nice gold flake!
[/URL]

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
One my favorite reds is the Mazda velocity red, if your into a paint with a nice gold flake!
[/URL]

Wow, I didn't think that was a factory color, it looks like its a nice deep red in other pictures I've seen

Reaction score
With SOOOO many options out there, this is almost always the hardest part for my customers (although I tend to help "guide" them on occasion.)

My first bit of advice would be not to limit yourself to factory colors. It's a good starting point, but there are nearly limitless custom options that can take your truck from "that's a nice color" to "WOW, that looks like a show car!", and many of them are easy enough to do that someone doing a "shade tree" paint job can do it. Especially if you use waterborne base coats, which make sprays pearls, metallics, and flakes very easy. Well, a lot easier, at least.

Are you going to be painting this yourself? If so, how much experience do you have with automotive painting?