Where to get interior paint??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerrys1990

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I go on a wild goose chase, I thought I should ask here first. Most of my tan interior trim for my '90 C1500 is brittle and cracked. I have red A-pillar trim I got from our local junk yard, ready to paint. Where can I find matching interior paint, and what did Chevy call it? Just "tan"? or something catchy like "saddle?" LOL! Thanks in advance.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Your interior color code will be listed along with the other RPO codes on the label inside your glovebox.. which unfortunately on many 1988-1994 trucks is no longer legible. There's a couple different shades of tan used across the years.. so it still may be your best best to take a piece of your brittle old trim with you and try color-matching a few shades.

SEM Color Coat products are usually available at auto paint supply stores, and sometimes at the auto parts store depending on how well-stocked they are. I suspect their website also can help you find dealers.

Dupli-color also has an interior paint line, but I haven't used their products, only SEM.

Richard

Jerrys1990

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your interior color code will be listed along with the other RPO codes on the label inside your glovebox.. which unfortunately on many 1988-1994 trucks is no longer legible. There's a couple different shades of tan used across the years.. so it still may be your best best to take a piece of your brittle old trim with you and try color-matching a few shades.

SEM Color Coat products are usually available at auto paint supply stores, and sometimes at the auto parts store depending on how well-stocked they are. I suspect their website also can help you find dealers.

Dupli-color also has an interior paint line, but I haven't used their products, only SEM.

Richard
Thank you. My RPO tag is intact and very legible....I'll decipher it tonight. Also checked LMC Truck...didn't think to before. They have Color-Bond and call their tan "Saddle." $20 bucks a can though....

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couple of suggestions...

compnine may be able to provide your RPO codes (for a small fee, $5.00 bucks I think) for you if they are not legible.

When I was looking for a match for my interior, I found a super cool guy at a local paint shop that let me test drive a few different colors (even though they're not supposed to!)
He simply replaced the spray button on the can after I gave it a try.

For my "tan" interior I ended up using Camel #15173. But as mentioned above, there were several different colors used through the years of the 88-94 trucks.

Edit: little late on my posting, you posted as I was trying to write this...

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use black Duplicolor because it's available everywhere, but I don't have experience with their tan/saddle color.

Clean your part with Comet or Barkeeps' Friend and a toothbrush. Rinse it thoroughly and whichever paint you choose will stick well.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a dealer can run the last 8 of your VIN and tell you the rpo code.
USe only SEM for interior paint, clean, clean, and clean. When you think you have it clean, clean again.
Use solvent and water cleaners, then prep as SEM recommends.