gen V BBC swap...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
guys, im only using a gen v block and crank. everything else will be aftermarket.
nice hbeam rods
flat top 10:1 pistons
115cc chamber aluminum heads
hyd roller cam & valve train..

600 will not be hard to come by that way.

The gen V block itself IS the limiting factor. Although mark IV, gen VI and after market heads will all physically bolt up. The water passages were different. Causing coolant leaks. Felpro makes a gasket to address this issue. But it is not a guarantee remedy. I have not personally found an aftermarket set of heads that address the issue. But I'm sure they could exist. It is no fun to invest in a block only to find out it's not compatible.

Just google gen V and aftermarket heads. Plenty of info on it.

As for controlling your trans, just go full manual.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I wouldnt consider a person who suggest a 60e behind a 600hp motor to be a friend. My monster 4l60e lasted a year behind a regualar 5.7 vortec, and about 5 months behind a 355 that makes MAYBE 30hp over stock. Sure they may last a couple passes at the track, but if your throwing all this money at it, spend the money on a good transmission. I garuntee you, a first gen 60e wouldnt last 6 months behind 600hp being daily driven, regardless of who builds it or what kind of parts are in it.

retorq

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
close personal friend is a trans builder, he has 60e's in numerous 9 second nitrous cars.

Really ... I would be interested in the stuff he does to get them to live and of course pics of videos of these 9 second passes ...

daturbosix

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really ... I would be interested in the stuff he does to get them to live and of course pics of videos of these 9 second passes ...
transomatic in desplains il, ask to talk to carl.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
8.1L is gen 6?! well i still stand behind carb swap with a 60e is a bad plan. but i do apologize for thinking of the wrong engine. you want the answer then here

you want a carbd 454 with a 60e behind it. you need TPS sensor on your carb and rpm signal from the dizzy. yay trans works.

take your line pressure and jump that **** way up and put a big as stall with a cooler or 5 and a few external filters on that 60e and it might live a bit longer than a week.

if your planning on driving a 10:1 600hp big block around regardless of commute then i can already tell rationality isnt at play here, therefore i gave you your answer.........which exists on this very site.......

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
8.1L is gen 6?! well i still stand behind carb swap with a 60e is a bad plan. but i do apologize for thinking of the wrong engine. you want the answer then here

you want a carbd 454 with a 60e behind it. you need TPS sensor on your carb and rpm signal from the dizzy. yay trans works.

take your line pressure and jump that **** way up and put a big as stall with a cooler or 5 and a few external filters on that 60e and it might live a bit longer than a week.

if your planning on driving a 10:1 600hp big block around regardless of commute then i can already tell rationality isnt at play here, therefore i gave you your answer.........which exists on this very site.......

Gen V = TBI without intake adaptor 454, Gen VI = Vortec 454, Gen VII = 8.1.