G80/locker help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXVortec454

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with a 10 bolt if you build it correctly and keep it within its limits. While a 14 bolt is a fine option, an Eaton posi unit added to a 10 bolt will make for a strong reliable rear. Steer clear from anything G80. Buying a 14 bolt with a G80 is not smart. You cannot add a Detroit locker to a G80 carrier. If you must have a 14 bolt, it makes much more sense to start with an open carrier, IMO.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with a 10 bolt if you build it correctly and keep it within its limits. While a 14 bolt is a fine option, an Eaton posi unit added to a 10 bolt will make for a strong reliable rear. Steer clear from anything G80. Buying a 14 bolt with a G80 is not smart. You cannot add a Detroit locker to a G80 carrier. If you must have a 14 bolt, it makes much more sense to start with an open carrier, IMO.

I agree with the second part of that, for the first... I wouldnt bother polishing a , the money into either is a wash to me

HARALD-Z71

Reaction score
I agree with the second part of that, for the first... I wouldnt bother polishing a , the money into either is a wash to me

ok, i found a 14 bolt open diff for $200. i dont have much to spend on a locker. What do you guys suggest? i seen scotty suggested a lunchbox locker and i wouldn't like to spend over $300. And i would just leave it open but i do alot of ice fishing and having a 1 wheel wonder on ice isn't much fun.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
ok, i found a 14 bolt open diff for $200. i dont have much to spend on a locker. What do you guys suggest? i seen scotty suggested a lunchbox locker and i wouldn't like to spend over $300. And i would just leave it open but i do alot of ice fishing and having a 1 wheel wonder on ice isn't much fun.
I would suggest an H2 elocker... Or leave it open