G80/locker help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HARALD-Z71

Reaction score
Ok. So are limited slips any better? Or is it practice the same thing?

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Ok. So are limited slips any better? Or is it practice the same thing?
Slightly... I would do as Ruger suggested, leave it open, use the ebrake on one or two clicks to get you going if need be..

Like I mentioned earlier, H2 elockers are a drop in and about 350 bucks, then you get both, a spool and an open diff

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised at all the locker+ice hate in here. Having driven both open carriers and lockers in the ice I can honestly say I prefer a locker. Lots easier to get moving. Just got to be really gentle on that skinny pedal.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
If you have any driving skill a locker is better in the winter imo x10 if you enjoy drifting

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised at all the locker+ice hate in here. Having driven both open carriers and lockers in the ice I can honestly say I prefer a locker. Lots easier to get moving. Just got to be really gentle on that skinny pedal.
I don't have any issue winter driving with a locker... However that's not exactly the same as buying a locker primarily for the purpose of getting your truck off a frozen lake lol

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have any issue winter driving with a locker... However that's not exactly the same as buying a locker primarily for the purpose of getting your truck off a frozen lake lol

Even in that situation I think I'd still want the locker if I had the option.