Future build ideas. Input from more experienced users wanted.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
What about setting up a different pair of seats, like wrecked 5th gen camaro buckets or corvette buckets?

Maldred

Reaction score
Daniel907: I noticed the Sniper listing on their site, but didn't really look into it that much. Beyond that, I'm still pretty new as far as modding goes so I didn't realize that heads from different motors were interchangeable. I'll also say that after having second gear burn up not even two weeks after I bought the truck(and finding out after the fact that that was the 5th used tranny the former owner put in it) I'm hesitant on anything used.

Maldred

Reaction score
Slowburb: I like the bench in there already. The 10" sub makes it feel really nice. I was thinking about pulling the carpet and just putting bedliner or something down.

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
Dude. Srsly, $7500 for a blower?

My first thought after reading the original post was "gears" but then I read about a $7500 and my second thought is "nitro".

Comparatively it is wicked cheap and easy to have a 100 horsepower button in your truck....just sayin.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Dude. Srsly, $7500 for a blower?

My first thought after reading the original post was "gears" but then I read about a $7500 and my second thought is "nitro".

Comparatively it is wicked cheap and easy to have a 100 horsepower button in your truck....just sayin.

He never said 7500 for the blower he said all of that for 7500. I'm assuming you mean nitrous. Nitro is a completely different thing.

Nitrous isn't used for the same thing as superchargers are. Nitrous is used for short spurts not all the time.

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
Whew!
Glad you cleared that up for me dude. I never felt so lots.

OP the preferred way to moar HP is black wheels,blue headlights, and LED tails. Adding a 3 inch Flowmaster muffler qualifies you as "King of the Street".

Git.
R.
Dun.

NotARealK2500

This'll be my last GMT400, I swear!
Reaction score
Sounds like you don't really know what you want to do? If it were me, I'd start taking a look at other trucks and see what route you want to go before throwing your wallet at yours. It'll save you a ton of money in the future after flip-flopping through ideas (ask me how I know).

Like you, I'm in an Automotive Tech program (have been for the past 2 years) and from what I've learned, with a TBI 350 you aren't going to wake it up much by just attaching a supercharger, new TB and calling it good. The main restriction in these trucks lies in the crappy L05 swirl-port heads, low-end cam, and poor flow.

Getting machined Vortec heads with slightly larger-than-stock valves, a performance cam, Edelbrock 2116 intake with TB adapter, and maybe a Transgo shift/valve body kit with a Corvette 1-2 servo is going to get you way more seat-of-your-pants power for way, way less (about $750 after tax) than slapping thousands of dollars of name-brand parts on a stock TBI 350/355.

That will also give you a way more solid foundation to tack on the more "extreme" performance mods in the future.

Just my 2c.

Daniel907: I noticed the Sniper listing on their site, but didn't really look into it that much. Beyond that, I'm still pretty new as far as modding goes so I didn't realize that heads from different motors were interchangeable. I'll also say that after having second gear burn up not even two weeks after I bought the truck(and finding out after the fact that that was the 5th used tranny the former owner put in it) I'm hesitant on anything used.
5 trannies?

Checked TV cable adjustment?

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Wow, it's getting pretty deep in here. Nitro? $750 for a top end kit?

OP, you're not going to get any good specific answers until you decide what you want to do to your truck. Is it that you want to make it faster?

Maldred

Reaction score
I checked around and on a couple of sites I had found the Weiand 142 I was looking at. Holley site stated that, both the long and short versions, weren't suited for Serpentine belt configurations. I had been hearing for a while now that the stock heads are crap, so I knew that those were gonna be swapped out. I started this thread mostly to fish for ideas on how to get the best overall increase in power, so any ideas are welcome so long as they don't start a flame war on my behalf.
Parts that I was looking at are in my second post in this thread.