fuel tank size????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Yall are all smoking me in economy. My 94 with 300k on it, 3.42s, 4L60E and 31x10.50/15 10 plys averages 10mpg with no load(rarely, the truck is primarily used for heavy towing) and less than 8mpg with a loaded trailer. And as everyone else has noted the first half goes slow, second half bricks. At 1/4 I have less than 40 miles. I fill another 5 gallons after the gauge reads F. This does vary with different fuel pumps/sending units. The $80 cheapos usually read less reliable than the Delco units. Park up a hill, looks like you have plenty of fuel. As soon as it levels you realize you are on E!

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How to get gas mileage.
1) Fill up tank
2)Reset Trip meter
3) Drive until half tank or less
4) Fill up tank
5) Divide number of miles on trip meter by gallons the truck would hold.

FYI I don't know how many gallons my SS has but it doesn't get more than 300 miles on a tank.

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hit 322 miles when i got to the gas station this morning, it still read 1/4 tank when i got there so i dunno the accuracy, i put in 2.76 gal. an it put it almost back to half...i had a gift card for that station so i chanced it an drove there just to finish off the card....