Fuel Line Replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94.Sierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to replace my fuel lines. From the throttle body all the way to the gas tank. I cut em when I was pulling the motor (long story...) What I want to know is has anybody on here done it before and what line did you use/recommend. There's a ton out there. How much should I buy and what type of fittings. P.s truck is RCLB

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Year of truck, type of engine? I suggest OEM.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had guys come into our store and convert it to AN fittings because they can't find replacement lines.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the truck is a TBI then you could use rubber fuel injection hose, it will hold up to the low pressure, just that it is bulky to run. I really like the compression line I have on my 92, just need a little bit of metal line at the sending unit, fuel filter, and throttle body.

Canadian

Reaction score
I've seen the supply line available from LMC, but not the return line.

Speaking of the return line, mine, 1990 305 AUTO TBI, has started to leak, at the coupling near the fuel filter on the supply line, under the truck near the frame. Based on what dirtridinz71 stated about the TBI having low pressure, I could just cut out the fitting (it is leaking on the back side of the fitting, not on the side that can be tightened - rotted I guess) and replace it with a short section of rubber hose and hose clamps, without bothering with ferrule fittings?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Speaking of the return line, mine, 1990 305 AUTO TBI, has started to leak, at the coupling near the fuel filter on the supply line, under the truck near the frame. Based on what dirtridinz71 stated about the TBI having low pressure, I could just cut out the fitting (it is leaking on the back side of the fitting, not on the side that can be tightened - rotted I guess) and replace it with a short section of rubber hose and hose clamps, without bothering with ferrule fittings?
Yes it can be done. Best to double clamp each end to help keep it from leaking. The supply line should be 3/8"

Canadian

Reaction score
Double clamp - good idea.
I was also going to make the hose cover at least 3 inches of the return line in either direction.

Thanks

PS
The supply line at LMC (page 50) only goes from the fuel line sender to the filter, so it's probably not much help, and it is costly.

A quick google shows NAPA with listings, at least for my truck.

OES 8031680 Fuel Line - Feed Rear w/ 155.5" Wheelbase
OES 8031682 Fuel Line - Feed Rear w/ 141.5" Wheelbase
OES 8151181 Fuel Line - Feed Rear w/ 117.5" Wheelbase
OES 8092050 Fuel Line - Return Rear w/ 131.5" Wheelbase
OES 8031681 Fuel Line - Return Rear w/ 155.5" Wheelbase
OES 8031683 Fuel Line - Return Rear w/ 141.5" Wheelbase

http://www.napacanada.com/en/PartsAccessories/PartsSearch/SearchByKeyword.aspx#Detail

Last edited:

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score

most part stores carry 3/8 repair lines that have the o-ring fitting and it uses a compression fitting to connect to the existing line