Frothy oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay Guys I have a problem yet again with my K1500. I started to look at the oil in the crankcase by the dipstick and it was frothy and bubbly. I know it is bad. But I wanna know what I can do to fix it. its a 350 5.L
Thanks

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
you may have too much oil in there and the crank is hitting it. best thing i can suggest is oil change. can ya take a pic of it?

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I can do that when I change it. Could it also be the seafoam I put in there? I'm gonna put either slick 50 or Lucas oil stabilizer pure synthetic with this next oil change. Which I hope to do when it stops raining.

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks more black and just a slight tint of orange around the edges. it has the same thickness as regular motor oil. and my coolant has always been low since i changed my water pump. i put just enough in to do its job. and ill check for oil.

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No oil in my coolant. just little flecks of aluminum from that sealant that i put in there. (bad idea)