Front shocks bagged on 22's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Wondering what kind shocks you guys run with 22's? Mine are Monroe 32245's with a collapsed length of 8.75" and they seem to bottom out about a half inch from laying out completely in the front.

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont have the part number but they are off a 80's c-10, sunk into the frame and running MMW arms. 22x9 doesn't hit the shock at full lock.
You must be registered for see images

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in man. I think I found my issue though.. I have the kp bolt on shock mounts and they are about a half inch too low possibly. Installation instructions said to use the hole in the frame between the control arms and the firewall as a guideline and that's what I did so I dunno lol.. ********

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol. can you move them? that may suck but easy fix. if not you can download the catalog for Monroe and find the length's you need that way. thats normally how i find shocks.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah just compress the front as much as possible and remount the upper shock mount at that point with the shock fully compressed too.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
That's pretty much my only option. The shocks I have seem to be the only ones with a 8.75" collapsed length that still have a decent extended length so I can still get good lift if I need.