Front and rear shock/strut questions and recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombie69lol

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a 1991 Sierra 1500, with stock shocks in the front and some added leaf springs in the back with stock shock. i was wondering if anyone had some recommendations for some good shocks for my truck. Personally, i don't mind that it rides like a boat but i guessss i should replace them. :D So, what are some good shocks, that give me a nice ride, without an extremely high price. I was looking at monroe gas-magnums for the front and they are about $48 each. and the same for the back are about $58 each. Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated. thank y'all so much!:D:sparta:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I've been running HD gas magnums (truck) on my 98 K2500 (8600 GVWR) for the last 6 years.

Literally crossed the continent a couple times towing a 35 foot (9000 lbs) travel trailer.

Still going strong and not a single complaint about 'em.

I got mine at crappy tire, so they were also affordable and easy to get.

Summary: Work good, not expensive, last long time.

:)

lha1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 89 c1500 an looking for some shock recommendations too

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

zombie69lol

Reaction score
I went ahead and put in some Monroe gas magnums and it rides like a dream now. Loving it. Thank you for the recommendation great white! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Sounds good. I run Monroe Reflex monotubes on my 95, they ride fairly similar to the Bilsteins on my Avalanche, but certainly didn't cost as much.