Free to me GMC 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I don’t want the heated part in the butt, lower back is best. Crank up the heat and the AC at the same time and have my bulging L5-S1 soothed by the time I’m home lol.
The Denali and Mom's Chrysler Pacifica had heated seats. Great for relaxing tense muscles on the way home....after a 13-14 hour day, most people would be sore.

Dantheman1540

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finished a few things today but not as much progress as I had hoped just because I had no help to tackle the door hardware.

However I got the JL C1-650s in with boom mat foam speaker cones to go behind it, and some roadkill fast rings which I only used a third of to keep unwanted noise out of my audio experience. The speakers are definitely far superior to the radio at this point and I’m pleased with them. Also very pleased with the appearance of the passenger door panel looking great IMO!

Also swapped out the 4x4 buttons, and the HVAC panel which had all the plastic clips busted and had been flopping about. Lastly I repaired the tailgate latch by bending the rods slightly to give more pull to the latches and they seem excellent now.

Tomorrow I’m going to search for a drive seat, and Tuesday I will be calling the DMV to figure out what’s necessary to title this thing. It was totaled by the insurance company, and my aunt still holds ownership of the title so I’m sure there will be some hoops to jump through.

Attachments

• IMG_1977.jpeg
    IMG_1977.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1978.jpeg
    IMG_1978.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1979.jpeg
    IMG_1979.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1980.jpeg
    IMG_1980.jpeg
    338.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1976.jpeg
    IMG_1976.jpeg
    539.5 KB · Views: 5

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I would never intentionally pay for vinyl seats if I lived in FL. The only way I don't hate non-cloth seats is if they're cooled. I can have the AC down to 60 in the wife's ride with leather seats and still get out with a wet ass. Not so in my trucks.

Dantheman1540

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would never intentionally pay for vinyl seats if I lived in FL. The only way I don't hate non-cloth seats is if they're cooled. I can have the AC down to 60 in the wife's ride with leather seats and still get out with a wet ass. Not so in my trucks.

Well my main reasoning for the non cloth is personal stench. I go to the gym 3-5 days a week and usually leave soaked in body juices. In my ranger or Tahoe with cloth seats my grundle butter seeps into the seat leaving nasty BO smell after a few weeks or probably days of doing such. The smell is difficult to get out without shampooing which is too much work to do weekly.

I also hate hot seats, but I’ve noticed with dark windows 5% over factory everywhere except with windshield which gets 50% and a 5% AS1 strip. The seats in my Tacoma don’t get all too hot even being black leather.

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
and Tuesday I will be calling the DMV to figure out what’s necessary to title this thing. It was totaled by the insurance company, and my aunt still holds ownership of the title so I’m sure there will be some hoops to jump through.

Braver than me - doing all this work without knowing the PITA getting it titled will entail. DMV is where joy goes to die.

Dantheman1540

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Braver than me - doing all this work without knowing the PITA getting it titled will entail. DMV is where joy goes to die.
I’ll vin plate swap it if I have too, but in Florida you can just about register a shopping cart if you say the right things, so I’m not to worried. Plus I know this sounds wild, but my local DMV is actually a pleasure to go to. They are so fast and so efficient it’s almost disorienting going in there. This particular DMV has been recognized as the best and actually sends teams out to other dmvs to try to help them not suck.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I’ll vin plate swap it if I have too, but in Florida you can just about register a shopping cart if you say the right things, so I’m not to worried. Plus I know this sounds wild, but my local DMV is actually a pleasure to go to. They are so fast and so efficient it’s almost disorienting going in there. This particular DMV has been recognized as the best and actually sends teams out to other dmvs to try to help them not suck.

You shouldn't have any issues registering it as rebuilt from salvage, you just won't be able to insure it for collision. It'll be personal liability/property damage only.