Free or cheap "mods", with dyno results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
I'm thinking of fabricating a completely custom setup for the Tahoe. The Sierra already has almost no tubing due to where the TB sits on a 454 anyways. After looking through my Photobucket, I realize I STILL don't have a current engine bay photo, this one is from when I was still putting it together, but you get the idea.
You must be registered for see images attach

got the part # on the Volant Intake box, never seen one like that before

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All right, but with some CAIs it already has a straight pipe and doesn't have to come out of that 90 degree turn that is in the factory one, so would that make any difference? For example, the Volant on my 454 has the MAF pretty much directly attached to the Throttle Body, so would the lack of a flow straightener really make any difference? And on a 350, what if you attached the MAF to the TB hat side instead of the air filter side?

I actually said the exact same thing in an earlier post when I brought it up.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All right, but with some CAIs it already has a straight pipe and doesn't have to come out of that 90 degree turn that is in the factory one, so would that make any difference? For example, the Volant on my 454 has the MAF pretty much directly attached to the Throttle Body, so would the lack of a flow straightener really make any difference? And on a 350, what if you attached the MAF to the TB hat side instead of the air filter side?

If I remember correctly every 90 degree bend equals 6' of distance (Restriction wise)

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, I don't know for sure. I'm afraid I'm not in the "dyno in the garage" sect yet. LOL. I'm going to try to get in with a local dyno, if they still have it, good enough they will let me experiment some with it. We'll see what we can come up with

Last edited: