Frame rust removal and painting to do's and what not to do.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I ordered the ubolt from lmc truck and they specifically said it was a 1/2 in diameter although I measured my rusty ones to be 9/16. Ordered them anyways and now there is alot of play do I order new u bolts or am I fine running them as is?

lessersivad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you talked to LMC? The only reason I ask is I didn't see a size listed when I just checked.

Rock Auto has the 9/16" listed.

Strictly opinion. The 1/2" MAY be OK but I would order the 9/16" to be sure.

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you talked to LMC? The only reason I ask is I didn't see a size listed when I just checked.

Rock Auto has the 9/16" listed.

Strictly opinion. The 1/2" MAY be OK but I would order the 9/16" to be sure.
Yes directly chatted with them and she said they measure to 1/2 inch I should have just gone to a shop and had them make me some

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes directly chatted with them and she said they measure to 1/2 inch I should have just gone to a shop and had them make me some
But to be fair to rock auto.com they are literally half the price I paid for the wrong ones from lmc. I'm gonna take your advice and order the correct ones for peace of mind. Now on the other hand I've gotta give lmc a little chat

lessersivad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

See i just don't get that. LMC (which I've dealt with in the past and ordered a boat load of parts from) shouldn't even be offering "U" bolts if they're not going to be the correct size.

Then again MAYBE thru their R&D they know 1/2" will work. (Sarc)

I would think IF that was the case GM would have went with the smaller size also to save a few pennies per unit.

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had a buddy bend up some flat metal to recreate my stepside bed rail that's rusty. over all it turned out okay. It's a bit sharper angle then the original piece but since the bent prefer is 7ft long I think no one will notice!??
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I went through the same thing last fall. Ended up getting 5/8" bolts custom bent for my dually. They fit through the holes to give an idea of how big the holes are.