Frame rust removal and painting to do's and what not to do.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lessersivad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe they are just for the 2wd version. I think they are the same. Idk to be honest. But the hangers I brought in to the parts store just to be sure they were the same

Ah, OK. I know there was some discussion earlier about going with 2WD hangers or shackles and turning the torsion keys to lower the front.

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Btw turning out the torsion key only dropped it prolly about an inch and a half. Owell. I'm thinking about ordering the front leaf hanger for 2 more inches

lessersivad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Btw turning out the torsion key only dropped it prolly about an inch and a half. Owell. I'm thinking about ordering the front leaf hanger for 2 more inches

OK, so the FRONT leaf hanger is different. But the rears are the same. Good to know.

Now IF I ever get back onto my frame swap project I may have to look into doing that. Thanks for correcting my thought process.

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is what my front hanger looks like. 4wd

You must be registered for see images attach

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know how to recreate the curve on the bedside rail? Just about to start welding in new metal

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is another

lessersivad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is another

Guess i don't know exactly what I'm looking at to give any sort of advice/opinion.

Is there a way to get a bit further away? I don't have a stepside and haven't ever worked on one so I'm not sure what portion I'm seeing.

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank God I was paying attention to how rusty the u bolt to leaf springs are. Now gonna paint the axle while the ubolt plate is off

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Opinions welcome. Ive sandblasted the old ubolt sattle/and test fitted my ubolts (1/2) inch into the old cleaned up plate but boy is there alot of space for that ubolt to move around in there. Any ideas?