Frame and under bed coating/ painting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Jon 95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The project has begun. Will be posting pictures once I am finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome! Can't wait to see your progress. Like I said it's a long messy job but patience is key. It's really worth it. You won't believe how much nicer your truck will look.

Big Jon 95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
About half way through the back of the frame I figured out using a wire wheel on rubber undercoating is a very bad idea. Now I'm trying to get it off with a putty knife then grinding. My girlfriend didn't really appreciate me spaying her with rubber either

Big Jon 95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally done, used about a gallon and a half of bed liner.
You must be registered for see images attach
that's 3 coats on everything and 4 on the rear fenders and bottom of the frame.

Big Jon 95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really happy with it, I brushed the whole thing because the roller was going on very thin. With the brush I got 3 pretty thick coats so it should hold up well. While I was doing it I also put bed liner below my chrome rocker panels to cover up all my rock chips.

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know it's a few months old but what route would you take in painting stuff like the differentials and axles and all that other good stuff? Truck looks really nice by the way!

Big Jon 95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't remember what brand it was but it was a rust converting spray paint and I would get them pretty clean and get most of the rust off especially all the loose stuff and spray that then paint or undercoat or bed line it.