found my old truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hrkhotrods

Reaction score
I had to sell my 91' Sierra back in 2006 to pay for a bitter custody battle. I won the case but lost my truck. After I sold it, the truck vanished. Friends reported seeing it getting thrashed but I never saw it since the day it left. A friend sent me a text saying he thought he found my old truck but wasn't sure. I went and looked and sure enough, there it was. Here's a few pics of when I had it... I never got to finish it, I was having too much fun driving it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

hrkhotrods

Reaction score
Here is how it sits now. Bed and original caddy front clip were stolen from the guy. He is starting to rebuild it now.

Underhood it's pretty much the same as when I had it except for a ghetto bag replacement and it got really dirty. The jet hot coated headers took a ...

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
man it's,a bummer you found it in such poor shape :(

but two things

1. I need to get me a nbs bumper

2. do you have any recollection on how you did the forward hood, this is the third one I've seen recently and really kinda wanna do it.

sent from the eskanalierra lol

hrkhotrods

Reaction score
Thanks. :) I put the Escalade front on in 2002 when it still had a 5/7 drop, then stockfloored it over the winter. I was glad I went with the Sierra bumper because the caddy bumper wouldn't lay out.

The hood naturally uses Buick hinges. It was a pita to get it right and even then the hood latch would be close to hitting the grille. It was 11 years ago but I still remember most of what I did if you really want to attempt it...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Ouch! Those later pix hurt! Exactly the reason why I could never sell either of my trucks! Too much time, effort & $$$, just for someone else to abuse, neglect & just not give a **** about 'em!

hrkhotrods

Reaction score
How does someone steal a bed and a front clip and not get caught

He had the parts off the truck to put a new fuel pump in and repair the wiring for the front solenoids that was chewed up by a mouse or something. Truck was inside, parts were outside, scrappers saw it and grabbed the parts that were outside while he was at work. He already bought a Denali clip and I hooked him up with a nice bed. I'm going to raise the floor on it for him like the old one was.

hrkhotrods

Reaction score
Ouch! Those later pix hurt! Exactly the reason why I could never sell either of my trucks! Too much time, effort & $$$, just for someone else to abuse, neglect & just not give a **** about 'em!

You are 100% right. The truck cosmetically looked like ass but I overbuilt the frame when I did the stockfloored bd, all fuel and brake lines were replaced with stainless, 1/2" stainless hardlines for all the airride, custom built stainless fuel cell, etc... It just needed minor body work and paint