Forum growing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
As a member of the Tahoe/Yukon Forum-ran by Shaggy too, that has almost twice as many members as this forum, I see a plethora of new members here every day. Every time I turn around, I am seeing new members here introducing themselves and responding to posts/threads. I joined because of my girl's 1990 K2500. Both forums are fun and busy. My girl used to think I spent too much time on the TY Forum but she does not complain when I am on here or at GMTNation for her 2002 TrailBlazer. So I can't wait to tell her that it seems that now it is "all about her". Then I duck because she is from Texas and has a punch that leaves bruises.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It certainly does seem like the forum is growing lately. Every time I get on I see 50-100 registered members online, all hours and days of the week. I think a big part of it is the quality of the members that are already here. This place is a collection of some of the smartest and friendliest auto enthusiasts on the internet IMO, and the environment that's created as a result seems to attract more and more of them.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
@Shaggy has built a great forum at TYF and has all that you talked about. He has used that success here, and it shows. Gobs of very informed and talented people here. If you have questions, you can get answers here. I will follow the rules here but feel that still being locked out of some parts of the forum, even as a Supporting Member, limits some of the fun. I get why the rules are there though. All good. I love these older trucks and have owned a couple over the years and now have a great specimen to work on, with my girl's 1990 K2500.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It certainly does seem like the forum is growing lately. Every time I get on I see 50-100 registered members online, all hours and days of the week. I think a big part of it is the quality of the members that are already here. This place is a collection of some of the smartest and friendliest auto enthusiasts on the internet IMO, and the environment that's created as a result seems to attract more and more of them.

I can personally attest to the above. I've been using the internet since the mid '90s,
purely read-only, and was never inclined to actually join an auto-related forum, mostly
due to the poor signal/noise ratio observed in most places.

But after that chore truck followed me home and I was scouring the interwebs, this
place kept standing out as where the truly experienced/talented ones were in evidence.

And more importantly, this place had the 'feel' of both my favorite civilian and military
work environments: more focus on shared success, and less on pecking order BS.

So glad I joined the party already in progress. Wish I hadn't waited as long as I did.

Sincere thanks to everyone who contributed/contributes to one of the best forums anywhere.

Cheers --

Last edited:

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve been apart of some pretty large forums and a moderated on a few in the early 2000s (Dfwminis, Dfwstangs, dfwSS, steadyracing, dieselbombers, gmfs) but Facebook kinda killed them. This one is big enough to have something to read daily but small enough to keep the riff raff out.

s98gmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
As some others have also expressed, I've been using the internet for about 30 years now. I was very active on forums in the early days but with the growth of social media most have died off. Plus the modern internet seems so much more toxic. This is about the only forum I still read, though I don't post very often. Facebook and the like are terrible. Even Craigslist isn't the same and that's how I found my own GMT400.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
As some others have also expressed, I've been using the internet for about 30 years now. I was very active on forums in the early days but with the growth of social media most have died off. Plus the modern internet seems so much more toxic. This is about the only forum I still read, though I don't post very often. Facebook and the like are terrible. Even Craigslist isn't the same and that's how I found my own GMT400.

I never really thought about it, but social media taking people away from Forums makes sense, I guess. There's been a number of times when I go looking for a forum covering some vehicle. Sometimes I find only stagnate forums. When I started forums were the new modern thing. I started with mailing lists. Email to a server, that sends it on to all list members. I haven't been on a mailing list, like that, for quite some time.

I'm a bit suprised the Tahoe/Yukon forum is bigger, but I guess it covers all the years (I assume) so there's that difference.