Fog Light Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cdawg

Reaction score
I just finished installing a pair of factory style fog lights in the front air dam, and I would like to wire them to a factory switch. Seems I can order the switch from NAPA, but the switch has 5 pins in the back of it, and I can't find a wiring diagram. According to the owners manual, if the vehicle was factory equipped with fog lights they worked as follows: They only came on if the headlights, and or parking lights were on, and they turned off if the high beams came on. Is there some sort of a relay in the switch itself? Can I use the factory switch for just a simple on-off, and ignore the un-used pins?
Also, will mounting this switch be as simple as cutting the blank spot out of the dash, and inserting the switch?
FYI, my pickup is a 1991 and therefore has the older style dash. In this year of truck, I think only the 454SS came equipped with fog lights.

Thanks,
~C-Dawg

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just experiment with a multimeter. One of those is a voltage in and one is a switched out. With a relay you're golden. One is a ground for the orange light.