Cargo Light Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1991Sierra

Reaction score
I have a 1997 Chevrolet 3500HD, it does not have a cargo light, but I would light to add one to the back of my flatbed for better visability. I have bought a factory cargo switch and realized that the connector is already behind the dash, but I don't know where this wire ends up at since it is hooked up to nothing, does anybody have a suggestion where to look before I just start taking off trim pieces to find the other end? (Don't mind the rear wiper switch in the picture, I got it from a wrecked suburban and using it to power something else)
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The harness to the cargo lamps/CHMSL goes across under the driver door sill trim and up the driver side B pillar. Same path the dome light and driver rear speaker harness takes. Unsure if your HD will have the cargo lamp/CHMSL wiring combined with that harness or not, but that's where it travels. If you look in the factory manuals for 1997, available for free download here on the site, the wiring diagrams should show you where the connection point in the dash harness is.

Richard