First time truck owner, new to forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill_GM

Reaction score
Drove a Saab for 10 years. It went to the scrap heap. Decided it was time for a truck. When I was a kid my dad always drove Chevy's. He got into it once with a salesman at the Chevy dealership once, and decided to boycott them since (oh well.) His last one (lost to an arson fire in '94) was a 1988 Chevrolet Cheyenne 3500 2WD. Well... I was inspired, but I had to have 4WD! So I snapped up at 1996 GMC Sierra K1500. It looks like a Chevy, the previous owner swapped out the grille. It's got the 14-bolt rear end, and they added a comical number of leaf springs (looks like a 3500). I've had the truck for a year, and I love it. Won't pass inspection with the rusty fuel tank, but I hope to get into that project in the coming months, and perhaps look for guidance here!

Bill_GM

Reaction score
I'll post some pics, but shes mostly stock and pretty rough looking. A lot of people would call it a yard truck... I have higher aspirations for it though. I'd like to do some body work and paint it all white. Right now it's green with gold two tone.