Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sleddyeddy

Reaction score
i have A 1990 gmc 1500 8 foot box reg cab the options racing site doesnt list it for my truck are the bases the same

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good with the tows! I know everyone would say this but you should tint your corners with black wheels and mirriors being black.
ive thought bout it but id want to tint cabs too since i have tinted tails and i dont like the look of tinted corners and clear headlights idk im wird lol
Looks alot better with the tows on there

thanks man all i need is a cowl hood like yours and more lift haha. i like ridding around with tthese mirrors lot easier to see. feels like driving a big rig too

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
thanks man all i need is a cowl hood like yours and more lift haha. i like ridding around with tthese mirrors lot easier to see. feels like driving a big rig too[/QUOTE said:
I drove a friends ecsb the other day and it was so much harder seein through those little mirrors than mine

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got mine but still havnt figured the wiring yet..
You must be registered for see images

dont mind bunge cord, was holding mirror up to put the nuts on. woulda been easuier wiht a friend. also droped the bracket down the door so had to take pannel off but you have to anyways to run the signal wires. found out drivers speaker cone is blown as well haha

looks good... whats up witht he bumper???

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks like the molding is missing on the drivers side, if thats what you mean.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I just ordered me a set!
I debated if they'd look good on my truck as it's not lifted and it doesn't have much of a "beef" look to it. I decided that they probably won't look terrible and my primary purpose in buying them isn't for the looks. It's for the function.
I don't tow often, but when I do... I tow with OEM style tow mirrors! lol all commercial jokes aside I wanted them for the few times that I do tow big stuff.

I got power ones without the signal. I like the idea of a signal in the mirror but I don't know how much I like the amber signal on the side. I like the idea of heated but I didn't see any that were heated right off the bat and the only one that I could find that was heated was a signal too. Besides I think the signal adds more "beef" to the mirror and I am already borderline on my particular truck...

Right after I ordered it I noticed these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-99-CHEVY-TAHOE-POWER-HEATED-TOWING-MIRRORS-SUBURBAN-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cb98d7cb7QQitemZ260811095223QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4295wt_1167

They are heated without signal for only $15 more than I paid and from the same seller. I'm debating whether or not to email the seller and ask him/her to change my order in the morning before they ship... You don't suppose that the mirrors that I got have the same heated glass but without the supporting wiring do you? It seems slightly odd that an eBay seller selling retrofit parts would have so many different options... Manual, Manual with signal, Power, Power heated, Power signal, and (more rare) Power-signal-heat...

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm deffinately planning on getting a set of these, probably some time this winter, maybe my christmas present to myself lol.