Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I just say start there because it eliminates all the variables, and you know then whether its in the truck or in the mirrors.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I just say start there because it eliminates all the variables, and you know then whether its in the truck or in the mirrors.

Agreed. I would definitely start at the mirrors themselves, especially since the cab lights are still working.

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Pro tip: wiring the LEDs to your 4x4 light = quick and dirty way to get them to come on with running lights

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Unless you have an early truck. My 4x4 light is on with the key, not the parking lights

Eh, how bad would it be to have them on with the key? They draw substantially less than the 194/168 bulb does.

And what do you mean by "early"? Mine is a 93... do you know when the changeover was? 90?

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
then they would be on every time the truck was on, which imo would look silly without the other parking lights on.

I would argue that even on an overcast day if they were on you would have to be looking for them to see them, but I get where you're coming from. Before I figured out that that bulb was switched on the lights, I was going to wire them to a switch the previous owner used for aux reverse lights that was switched with the key. Now that will be dedicated to the off-road lights that I'm probably going to put in. lol

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
Are these a kit for a gmt400 or are they just gmt800 tow mirrors? i can find those, but can't find any type of kit if that's what they are.