Finally Found One LQ4 + 4L80E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
What kind of Y-pipe is everyone using on our OBS trucks? I found one that was stainless and cost over $500. If I have to make one I will but if I can find an inexpensive one I will buy it. 3" collectors on the headers and planning on making 3" exhaust.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Finally got the front of the motor sealed up. Just have to pick up the crank pulley bolt my friend picked up for me from Summit Racing today.

You must be registered for see images attach

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Just ordered a tune from Mike

I also got an EGR block off for the intake from hawks F-body on Ebay

As well as a coolant temp sender/sensor from a 98 Camaro SS and a pigtail all from www.rockauto.com

I am just about ready to start this swap. FINALLY!!!!!

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
I am so close to starting on my swap.

My boss gave me this car

The wire harness that runs through the dash was burnt from driver kick panel to the center of the dash. $28 later for another harness from pull a part and a total of 2 hours to remove and reinstall the harness, the car runs after sitting in our lot for 4 years.

Before I put the dash back on, because I was bored, I tinted the whole windshield.

Now I am waiting on getting a title for the car so I can actually put some money in to the brakes and tires so I can start driving it and park my truck for the swap. It was worth spending the $28 for a harness to make sure the car was even in good shape before I try and take ownership of it.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Finally started my swap tonight. I hope to have it in and running by this weekend. I am doing at work and in between jobs. Tomorrow is my day off and I hope to get the old motor out and new one set in so I can push it over to my bay and get started on the wiring. Once that is done I will push back on to a lift and do the exhaust.

Im still up in the air about how I will do the exhaust. I want to do 3" and maybe bend it to go out the back like factory. I will be cutting the cat out of it and weld on the heat shields, I have to be able to pass emissions and they check for the cat. My dad has done the same ting on all his trucks and never had an issue.

Pics to follow as I go along.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Nice project. Did you end up replacing the factory cam?

No it is all stock. I will go all out on another one.

Here it sits but now I have to separate the motor and trans. I THOUGHT I didnt need the flexplate spacer. But apparently I do. So I used the donor torque converter and now the motor wont turn. I went to put the bolts in the converter and I think it is too tight back there. The flexplate is resting on the back of the block.

DAMNIT!!!!!! More work and money to spend.

HELP!!!!!!! PLEASE??????

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Took a ride down to Summit Racing today and picked up the flex plate adapter and bolts. While I was there I walked through the clearance section and found a cold air intake for a Gen IV 6.0 Silverado for less than half the cost of a new one. I will make it work for my setup.