Finally Found One LQ4 + 4L80E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Computer is wired and mounted.
You must be registered for see images attach

Cold air kit on. Had to move the battery over to the driver side. Good thing I already had a battery tray over there. Removed the battery tray from passenger side as well to hopefully tuck the filter in the corner.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Well I spent the day working on getting the trans out to put the adapter on the flexplate and I may have inadvertently busted the front pump while bolting the motor and trans back together. I wasn't able to move the converter to line up to the flexplate. It would just rock back and forth about 3/4".

So it looks like I will be blowing apart the 65E and converting it to 2wd via the output shaft of my current 60E and replacing the clutches and steels as well as doing the vette servo and a shift kit.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Looks like the 65E is gonna be rebuilt and upgraded internally with any kind of updates as well as a shift kit. Once that is done then it will be a mission to try and have it running by next weekend.

I almost want to take vacation time to stay on this project to get it done faster. I am trying to do all this in between work and on my days off. But because I am doing it at work, I keep getting interrupted with non sense all day on my day off.

ddennis45

Reaction score

best thing I ever done was put a 5.3 in for the old tbi 305.. not even the same truck anymore. Ul love it tho.. but I had a good 4l60e behind that and I aint lastin too long. Wantin an 80e..

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score

best thing I ever done was put a 5.3 in for the old tbi 305.. not even the same truck anymore. Ul love it tho.. but I had a good 4l60e behind that and I aint lastin too long. Wantin an 80e..

Thats why we are beefing up the 65E. Id like to use an 80E but its too hard to find one around here.

ddennis45

Reaction score
Takes to much $$$$ for what your getting.. or so people think they're stuff is gold… :think: I can rebuild my 60E twice for the price that some people want for an 80e around here or i can buy an 80E core for the price of a rebuilt 60E. I have had the truck since new in 94.. Its had 4 transmissions now and I'm tired of it.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
98% of motor wiring done and alternator relocation/AC retention kit from LEXTECH installed. Just waiting on my dad to rebuild the transmission and add the shift kit and corvette servo within the next couple days and I might be able to fire this bad boy up by this weekend. Then comes bending the exhaust.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Transmission is back in the truck. I am going in to work early tomorrow to finish putting the rest of the driveline before I have to get it off the lift.

I will have some time through out the day to work on little things to button it up to get it running and driving before starting on the exhaust. Wednesday is my day off so I will do as much then as I can. I would really like to see this thing back on the road by this weekend.

Being sick isn't good either so that may slow down my progress.