Finally Found One LQ4 + 4L80E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
question, why did you paint it black? if you have any type of leak it will be harder to find. id think paint it any color but black then you can find the leak if present

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
question, why did you paint it black? if you have any type of leak it will be harder to find. id think paint it any color but black then you can find the leak if present

And then spend forever trying to get it to look half decent again :p I'm sure this guy can figure out where the leak is coming from regardless of his color choice.
The nice thing about doing all your own work, is you really start to figure out where things are, where they go and where it came from, lol :p

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score

There isnt many places that will leak that wont be that obvious. Plus everything is getting all nrew seals and gaskets before going in the truck.

And then spend forever trying to get it to look half decent again :p I'm sure this guy can figure out where the leak is coming from regardless of his color choice.
The nice thing about doing all your own work, is you really start to figure out where things are, where they go and where it came from, lol :p

You are right sir. I feel one with the motor everytime I do something to it. So even if I get any leaks I will know every location that it may come from.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
A little mock up of the motor with everything painted. Debating on painting the heads. I still need to cleanup the oil pan.

You must be registered for see images attach

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Finally got my new radiator in with my LS1 fans. In the process I got a new AC compressor and low side line. Ready for Lextech's adapter kit.

I might end up holing off on my swap till winter unless my motor just cant handle the summer much longer. It slow at work and I have at least another grand to spend on parts & tuning to make this thing finalized.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
A little mock up of the motor with everything painted. Debating on painting the heads. I still need to cleanup the oil pan.

You should change that oil pan. Its gonna hang way low past your crossmember.

(truck pan on the left)

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Cleaned up the intake. It looks like a new one now. I also started doing some wire rerouting.

Notice the injectors are turned around so the wiring can be much cleaner. Some wiring will be ran under the intake.