Few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok guys rolling around the idea of bagging my truck and I had a few questions so I can start gathering up parts.

I know shocks are a touchy subject but I have decided I will be using shocks... That being said what shocks are you guys using if you have any? Front and rear please.

Also does anyone have a diagram like a schematic so I can start to plan where Im gonna put/run everything??

Also when it comes to the bags themselves the truck is a reg cab step side so I am thinking RE7s in the front but in the rear could I use RE7s or just get RE8s???

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Airride makes a bag/shock now. Just something to think about.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Airride makes a bag/shock now. Just something to think about.

You almost make it sound like that's a new thing. :lol: They're ShockWaves. My truck's been on them since 2001.

Don't know why having shocks would be a touchy subject. I wouldn't drive anything without them, air or not.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well touchy may not be the right word but I know some guys dont use them... So my question still stands what shocks do you guys run? Like can I just use the shocks from my DJM 4/6 drop?? Also one more question where do you guys order all your valves and what not??

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have ran gabriel red cheap shocks, was okay, then I ran Monroe gas matics, okay, now I am running Gabriel Ultra Max shocks, perfect for bagged trucks.

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also I am running re7s up front and depending on your rear setup, BOA 8's are a must, BOB get 7's or 8's.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Im gonna chime in and ask a few, What size 4 link bars do you guys get? Im thinking overkill with 1-3/4" or 2" solid hot rolled bar. Its not much of a price difference between 1-1/2" and 2" and I feel confident in making my own stuff. I have access to a machine shop with everything you can dream of other than cnc controlled equipment.

Edit: Bag on Bar, RE8's in rear, I may get some DOM to build my own control arms.