FastOrange: Stage 2 (Transmission)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do you like the unimatic shifter? Ive been tossing around the idea for awhile of the unimatic or the light tuck mega shifter for mine.

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
I've seriously considered it, but along with wiring, tune, and driveshaft mods necessary to make the transition, I'd have to have the money to buy the thing. Just too much cash at the moment, while I can get a 4L60E built to hold the power with a warranty from a reputable shop for 2500 - 3000. If you can point me to a 4l80 that's well built and the other stuff for that money, I'm all ears!

Yes I know this was a couple of days ago, but the wiring is minimal and YOU DO NOT WANT A 4L80 TUNE!!! the 4L80 tune unlocks the torque converter every time you let up on the accelerator pedal, even just a little bit. and with the right wiring mod the 4l60 tune will run the 4l80 just like it WAS a 4l60.

Last edited: