FastOrange Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yea, I figured the moose thing you'd relate to, being in the High Country & all. I'm looking forward to this.
I know that it just may be me, being an upholstery guy, but those covers really gotta go! Your steering wheel & your seats are the most intimate connection to your vehicle. It's through these that your baby 'talks' to you.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Yea, I figured the moose thing you'd relate to, being in the High Country & all. I'm looking forward to this.
I know that it just may be me, being an upholstery guy, but those covers really gotta go! Your steering wheel & your seats are the most intimate connection to your vehicle. It's through these that your baby 'talks' to you.

Trust me, i cant stand the seats the way they are, i love the low back buckets, but they are just UGLY!

BTW, i would just want something, black with some orange worked in some how?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
black with orange stitching, and orange seam strip :D

sewlow.....you sir may be getting some seat covers from me in the mail. Can you replicate original pattern seat covers? I can send the complete bottom cushion with cover and seat back cushion with cover so you know what shape it needs to be. It's the only thing left on my 1970 opel gt restoration. Also restoring my 74 260z and might call on ya for those seats too, and maybe re-skinning the door panels on the car. Also might getcha to recover my truck seats front and back in grey leather with the skirts like the stock seats that're in it, just in leather version. If ya can get new cushions, I'll get those also for my truck. lol....i just jacked Josh's thread >.<

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'll have to get back to you in a bit about that, MOBS, I gotta take my dog for his walk. Don't know if you've seen a pic of him, but when he wants a walk, it's gotta be done RFN!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I'll have to get back to you in a bit about that, MOBS, I gotta take my dog for his walk. Don't know if you've seen a pic of him, but when he wants a walk, it's gotta be done RFN!

HAHAHAHAHA....I know how ya feel with that one, I got 2 that're like that. One will scratch on the nicely painted door driving the "queen of the house" mad....the other will bite my calf muscle if i'm not paying attention.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Alright, I have found some seats!, all by chance too!, talked to my buddy who works at autowreckers, said he found a set of grey buckets in the shed beside his house (He lives on the autowreckers property) while cleaning it out to store his Harley!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
His truck is nice, but the clearance lights look like they dwarf the truck a little. Did he pull them from a truck at the yard?

and who's orange truck is that with the black bowtie? :evillol:

Now just needa paint your wiper arms and wipers orange

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
His truck is nice, but the clearance lights look like they dwarf the truck a little. Did he pull them from a truck at the yard?

and who's orange truck is that with the black bowtie? :evillol:

Now just needa paint your wiper arms and wipers orange
The Clearance lights are new from 1976, His grandma gave him the OBS, and those were lights that were suppose to go on her 1976 Ford, but my buddies dad never put them on, so he figures it was time they made it onto her truck.

No way in hell im painting wipers orange. :lol: