FastOrange Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
God I'm such an idiot :lol:

Is it measured by how high it is or how high you dropped it?

it is meansure by how much drop from factory

0/1 or 0/2 is Shackles only
2/4 is Front Spindles or front springs, and rear leaf hangers and shackles
4/6 is Front spindles AND springs, and flipkit out back (involves C-Notching frame, axle gets flipped over leafs)

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Ahh i see. For now i want it leveled. Seen it alot on gm-trucks.com, almost everyone has theirs leveled. Looks nice, and i swear my truck is pretty low in the front, looks like reversed cali lean lmao

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Ahh i see. For now i want it leveled. Seen it alot on gm-trucks.com, almost everyone has theirs leveled. Looks nice, and i swear my truck is pretty low in the front, looks like reversed cali lean lmao

LMFAO, a 2" shackle will level it out

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its wheel offset more then anything :deal:

and a 275/60 is a taller tire then a 295/50

true... i just have the stock 96 wheels.. but the 295/50 tires are 11" wide

i ran the 275/60 tires for years on my dirt car till they change the tire rule last year.. i would go around to all the tire shops that carried diff tires to see if i could find a soft tire.. now i dont have to worry i get to run a race tire.. the softest tire i found was a grand-prix.. they Durometer in the 60's which is close to the race tire i run now..

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
it is meansure by how much drop from factory

0/1 or 0/2 is Shackles only
2/4 is Front Spindles or front springs, and rear leaf hangers and shackles
4/6 is Front spindles AND springs, and flipkit out back (involves C-Notching frame, axle gets flipped over leafs)

ehhhh.....I'm seeing lower ball joint "relocators"(spacers) in a local shop now.....whether they last long on the road is another thing altogether, but there's you another .5-1" drop(they had in both sizes)
Now, to get silly, FastOrange did NOT tell you about the maximum rear drop ;)
5/15 :evillol: front spindles, springs, lbj relocators(spacers); rear shackles, hangers, lowering leafs, flip kit with really tall c-notch....I imagine the bed floor would need raised.

If/when I get really bored, I am going to do this just to see wtf happens. I have a feeling the ole ball'nchain might actually criticize this one, she's usually pretty good at keeping her mouth shut most times, but there's always that big red button I tend to press at the most inopportune time. :D