FastOrange Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh oh oh please let me come drive it lol i got a nice light size 12 foot.. i will go easy the first 10 feet...!!!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
oh oh oh please let me come drive it lol i got a nice light size 12 foot.. i will go easy the first 10 feet...!!!

:lol:

TBH, its sort a POS to drive with the 396, i miss the 427, my truck is funner to drive then it, in its current state.

Dad has plans to put 427 back in, with a 8-71 poking out the hood.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
why stop at 427... all chevy BB look the same..

it might go 496, but he already has the 427, hes not 100% sure what he is doing, he built the 396 so my mom could drive it, she never drives it, and he bareley ever does, he wants to go back to his routes, the car was built for the strip, still has the TH400, Ford 9", 4.11's and battery in the trunk.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
496 would be nice... 8to1 motor with the 671 on it, should make 600+hp depending on the rest of the motor.. heads, cam, roller or non-roller...

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, a 427 is a nice lil motor for our trucks. FO, when's that 427 going in? :evillol: I'm about done with mine, well, I'm far enough along that I've confirmed the CR to be 6.4:1. Should be a nice little daily driver, and as my for sale ad shows ya, I chose the small 4-71 to use, it's already got the single 4bbl upper plate machined, the steel lo-pro engine mounts and solid tranny mount will set engine and tranny low enough to get away with using the 4" cowl.

Now, let's see pix!!!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Yeah, a 427 is a nice lil motor for our trucks. FO, when's that 427 going in? :evillol: I'm about done with mine, well, I'm far enough along that I've confirmed the CR to be 6.4:1. Should be a nice little daily driver, and as my for sale ad shows ya, I chose the small 4-71 to use, it's already got the single 4bbl upper plate machined, the steel lo-pro engine mounts and solid tranny mount will set engine and tranny low enough to get away with using the 4" cowl.

Now, let's see pix!!!

not anytime soon, it will be built with left over parts for my dads current 427. Here is some pics of some of the stuff though

Dads current 427. (366 heads being used as door stops in background, hahah)
You must be registered for see images attach

there is a 2 454 and one 396 block, a fresh ground 396 crank and a 350 One piece crank, in here somewheres.

One of the rarest pieces my dad has, intake with casting number for 427 Corvette or Copo/Yenko Camaro only. (Winters casting)

Random BBC single plane intakes.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got small block stull like that laying around lol.... i got a set of 18deg heads im thinking about selling so i can build my 6.0, just not sure i want to lol