Extra battery tray

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cartman372

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not know that, sorry for the mix up.

No problem, glad I could clear things up :D

Not my pic, but this is what it is. Looks like you could take it out and slap a battery in there.

You must be registered for see images attach

Very interesting, did not know such a thing existed. Never seen nor heard about it till now. Pretty cool IMO.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
99-94 trucks have a metal battery tray. i have a driver's side one in my parts pile I never installed. You will have to re-locate the evap canister, although the GM bracket for it is no longer available so something would have to be fabbed up.

95+ trucks have a battery tray regardless of having a battery there or not. This is because the washer fluid tank is located down there and the tray acts as part of the structure to attach it. Optionally there is a storage box shown above, however they aren't that common from what I've seen.

I've decided that a second battery in my 88 is pretty useless now that i'm not towing with it as much. i'm going to put a washer tank and storage box in it.

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have the black canister under the driver side tray?

i just got the tray well since my truck is at my friends house were going a lsx swap idk whats under it but is going to work great cause the battery going to get moved to the drivers side so the intake could fit perfect

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If any of you guy's want one of those storage boxes, I have one collecting dust in my shop that I would sell, shoot me a pm.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you done this before? What are the steps?

No but i was reading a thread somewhere on the internet how to do it. Cant find the link now.

But all you do is move canister align batt. tray with the dimples in the fender drill holes bolt it in and thats it

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can delete the charcoal canister as well if you need the space... plugs on the vacuum lines and a mini k&n on the line going to the gas tank.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you will find all the brackets in the junk yard & ebay for the canister bracket

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
99-94 trucks have a metal battery tray. i have a driver's side one in my parts pile I never installed. You will have to re-locate the evap canister, although the GM bracket for it is no longer available so something would have to be fabbed up.

95+ trucks have a battery tray regardless of having a battery there or not. This is because the washer fluid tank is located down there and the tray acts as part of the structure to attach it. Optionally there is a storage box shown above, however they aren't that common from what I've seen.

I've decided that a second battery in my 88 is pretty useless now that i'm not towing with it as much. i'm going to put a washer tank and storage box in it.

my 95 does not have a second battery tray