Exterior Lighting Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I got a bit of money from my parents as a graduation gift and I'm thinking as an option to put it towards my truck. I was wondering if I went with ANZO LED Taillights, new clear headlight housings with HIDs and some LED turn signals, would I need a resistor to prevent hyperflash or would these parts already have the resistors installed?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You might not get hyper-flash with the aftermarket LED turn signals. Most of those have built in resistors.
If you're just using LED bulbs in the bumper housings, you probably will get hyper-flash.
I don't like the in-line resistors. They get damn hot!
If the new lights cause a prob, use an 'EP-29' flasher. It works off of time instead of resistance.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm still learning the basics of LEDs. So if I were to buy the aftermarket signals would I be better off with resistors anyway?

I'm not sure if by in-line you mean ones added or the ones already in the aftermarket pieces. I was thinking actual LED turn signal housings.

Where do I get my hands on an EP-29 flasher and how hard is it to install?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where do I get my hands on an EP-29 flasher and how hard is it to install?

Any parts store should have one and they are easy to replace. Just pull out old one and reinstall the new one.. No tools needed but your hands..

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^if that is the right flasher for his year truck. i got lucky when i was bulbs only, once i installed front and rear, my flasher corrected itself. had to get the electronic one when i went to LED tails

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^. This is true to. I was just making a general statement about being able to get the electric flashers at the parts store. But yes you have toile sure it is the version that will fit your truck.

Sent from what use to be a great country.