Extended cab Long bed Z71?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did they make one from the factory? cause there's a truck for sale in town that's an ECLB and it's got the factory Z71 decal in the stock location. Just wondering if someone just put the decal on and is trying to pass it off as a Z71. and i've never seen one before.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, and if your still wondering look in the glove box for the rpo code sticker. There should be a code "z71" if not then its not a z71. But all the z71 is, is shocks and skid plates. And tge shocks should have been replaced by now probably so essential it would be a regular 4x4 with skid plates.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, and if your still wondering look in the glove box for the rpo code sticker. There should be a code "z71" if not then its not a z71. But all the z71 is, is shocks and skid plates. And tge shocks should have been replaced by now probably so essential it would be a regular 4x4 with skid plates.

That's what i thought...I was just wondering since i had never seen any except for shortbeds. I'll just have to stop and look at it sometime. too bad i can't afford it unless it's free haha

ewicz Felix

Reaction score
This is my Beast. A 1995 GMC Sierra SLT Z71, extended cab, long bed with a 5.7 and 700R4 tranny. This is my daily driver and doubles as a hunting, work and farm truck. I have done many things to it in the 2 years I have owned it and have many ideas for it to come.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is my Beast. A 1995 GMC Sierra SLT Z71, extended cab, long bed with a 5.7 and 700R4 tranny. This is my daily driver and doubles as a hunting, work and farm truck. I have done many things to it in the 2 years I have owned it and have many ideas for it to come.

Sounds like a good setup for that. you sure you've got a 700R4? that truck should've came with a 4L60E i'm pretty sure. Welcome to the forums!

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^correct. A 1995 should have come with a 4l60e. I believe the last year for the 700r4 was 94. But GM does do some weird stuff sometimes so you never know.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got that right! Plus you never know when someone may have swapped em out. Thats why i try not to jump to conclusions to say someones wrong.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk now Free

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Z71 was available on any halfton, it was decals, socks and skid plates.

the shocks and the skidplates could have been ordered separate from the Z71 package as well.

so its basically decals.