exhaust help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdslay12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah. Sounds like a good setup. I think im going to cut my glasspacks out this weekend and see how it sounds. Does anyone know if I converted the 18'' glasspack to a smaller diameter pipe would it make it crackle?

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It would have Orville redenbocker popcorn rolling out of the tips lol. I like the really low and deep rumble in my exhaust IMO. GM trucks sound great straight piped with tail pipes. There are a bunch of trucks round here running straight pipes and they rumble and are loud. If you were to throw on 2.25 or 2 inch tail pipes after the glass packs with no H pipe, that will make her cackle real nice.

Last edited:

tdslay12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 18'' 3 in dia. tips on it right now...before i gutted the convertors i could get it to crackle at high rpms when it was cold. Now with just the packs it wont crackle...

LiftedGmc355

207 Stepside
Reaction score
glass packs have that whiff sound at an idle theres no way around it. if u want rumble flowmaster super 44s or a cherry bomb vortex is what u want

tdslay12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well I finnaly bit the bullet and cut the packs out today...I LOVE IT. sounds good all through RPMs and crackles. Now as long as I dont get pulled over it will all be good lol Now its just manifold to 18'' tips:big_banana_Dance: